Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Launches



In 2010 we're looking a variety of new options for people. Some in the electric category like the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt, some in the ultra-high mileage category like the Chevy Cruz, and then a variety of new hybrid models including a high-end model coming out from Lexus in the next year.

How are we going to judge what our best choice is? It will have to be based on situation. Some combination of how far do you drive every day. How much is price important to you relative to gas savings or environmental concerns. How much do you care about styling vs. economy or fun!

I chose a MINI because I thought mileage was important. I live in the city and don't drive much so I didn't think I needed to get the absolute most fuel efficient vehicle on the market regardless of styling (I wanted to have some fun) and I wanted to be able to park where others couldn't.

If you don't care about styling or have different driving habits then Prius might be a good choice, or the VW Diesel or the new Chevy Cruz. We're going to craft some kind of tool that helps people evaluate.

1 comment:

  1. I voted Prius in the poll but I am kind of sick of those. Have to admit the Volt is pretty bold. Maybe they should have called it the BOLD. Or the Bolt.

    ReplyDelete